Frequently Asked Questions

Copies may be obtained from the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk's Office located at: LACRR/CC, Main Office 12400 Imperial Hwy. Norwalk, CA 90650 Phone: (800) 201-8999 M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. By Appointment Only

If there is a lien on your property, please contact City staff listed below to request a release of lien. For further questions, please call City Hall at (626) 569-2100. Rubbish Lien – Linda Young, [email protected] Encroachment Lien – Danielle Garcia, [email protected] Building Lien – Building & Safety Division, [email protected]

To obtain a copy of a traffic incident report, please contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department at (562) 345-4441. The Public Services Section is open Monday – Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by appointment only to pick up requests. Walk-in service is not currently available without an appointment.

All other police report copies may be requested by contacting the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Temple Station at (626) 285-7171. LA County Sheriff Temple Station 8838 E. Las Tunas Drive Temple City, CA 91770

To obtain a copy of a fire incident report or EMS report, please contact the Los Angeles County Fire Department at (323) 267-7217. The Records Office is open Monday & Wednesday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed from noon to 1:00 p.m.); Tuesday & Thursday, from 9:00 a.m. to noon; and closed on Fridays. County of Los Angeles Fire Department Risk Management Division 1255 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 206 Monterey Park, CA 91754

Please note the City does not possess video footage of the traffic signal cameras as the cameras do not have recording devices on them. They are what is called “Momentary Image Detection”, which are non-recording pick up and drop detection cameras. These cameras only pick up the image to notify the traffic signal cabinet that something is in the lane waiting for the signal to change.

Staff will review what records are on file for the property. If the plans are stamped by a licensed Architect or Engineer, the City does not have the right to duplicate their drawings without the Architect's or Engineer's consent. A written letter authorizing duplication by a bonded courier and notarized must be obtained and submitted to the Building & Safety Division. For further questions, please contact the Building Division at (626) 569-2130.

You can verify by visiting the Los Angeles County Service Locator website. Please note there are addresses that have a “91770” zip code that may not fall within the City of Rosemead.
  • If your address is identified as “unincorporated”, that means it is located in the unincorporated area and serviced by Los Angeles County. Please contact the LA County Building Department to obtain records for your property.
  • LA County Building Permits (323) 881-7030 4801 East 3rd Street Los Angeles, CA 90022
  • If your property is identified as “incorporated”, then you can proceed with requesting records on the City of Rosemead’s website or contact the Building Division at (626) 569-2130.